"Whatever exists at all exists in some amount. To know it thoroughly involves knowing its quantity as well as its quality"
- E. L. Thorndike
Dr. Kevin McGrew is coauthor of a number of psychological and educational assessment instruments. These currently include:
- The Woodcock-Johnson Battery--Fourth Edition (WJ IV) The WJ IV is a battery of individually administered cognitive, oral language, and achievement tests normed on a nationally representative sample of 2-90+ year olds in the US population. Publication date was 2-14.
- The Woodock-Johnson Battery—Third Edition (WJ III) and Normative Update (NU).The WJ III and WJ III Normative Update (NU) is a battery of individually administered cognitive and achievement tests normed on a nationally representative sample of 2-90+ year olds in the US population.
- Batería III Woodcock-Muñoz. The BAT III is a Spanish language version of the WJ III/WJ III NU.
- Woodcock-Johnson III—Australian Adaptation. This is an Australian adaptation the WJ III /WJ III NU that was normed on a nationally representative sample in Australia.
- Woodcock-McGrew-Werder Mini-Battery of Achievement. The MBA is a brief form of the WJ-R reading, math, and writing tests. The Canadian version is still available in Canada. The US version is now out of print and was replaced by the WJ III NU Brief Battery.
- Dr. McGrew was the statistical and measurement consultant for the Children’s Psychological Processes Scale (Dehn, 2012). The CPPS is an internet web-based teacher rating scale designed to assess psychological processes related to academic learning in children ages 5-12 years of age. The CPPS was normed on a nationally representative sample of the US population.
- Dr. McGrew is serving as an intelligence theory and testing consultant to the Dharma Bermakna Foundation and the Universatas Gadja Mada (UGM) for the development of the Indonesian AJT Cognitive Assessment Development Project (2014 to present).